Find out about the background of The Association of Rootes Car Clubs and how you can become part of the Rootes network.
The ARCC was instrumental in the formation of the Rootes Archive Centre Trust, a registered charity devoted principally to the preservation and use of a large collection of drawings from the engineering department of the Rootes Group. To find out more about the Trust, visit its web site at www.rootesarchivecentre.org.
The objectives of the Association of Rootes Car Clubs are to:
- Represent the interests of Rootes-based car clubs in the motoring world
- Establish and maintain good relations with Peugeot Citroen UK plc
- Hold an annual meeting for members of constituent clubs
- Encourage the exchange of information between constituent clubs
- Encourage co-operation between constituent clubs at local level in respect of meetings, events andorganisation
- Produce a general information handbook for constituent clubs
- Co-operate regarding spare parts and facilitate their sale through Spares Secretaries between interestedconstituent clubs.
Each member club receives:
- Free public liability, product liability, libel and slander and professional indemnity insurance.
- Free membership of the Federation of British Historic Vehicles Clubs (FBHVC).
- Use of the Rootes Archive Centre, operated by The Rootes Archive Centre Trust, a registered charity
In addition, in conjunction with a major UK insurer the Association operates a scheme whereby members of its constituent clubs can obtain insurance for their Rootes vehicles at attractive rates. Please see links section for details